In a style befitting Apple, they confirmed the rumours that had been going around for a few months now. The tech giant officially announced that they will hold its next special event on March 25th, 10 a.m. local time (March 24, 10:30 p.m. IST) at Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California. They sent out invites to various media houses inviting them to what seems to be the Apple event of the month, if not the year.Read more
On December 31, Apple announced that manufacturing partner Foxconn will start manufacturing premium iPhones locally in India. Now, another Apple manufacturing partner has joined the game. The IT ministry has approved Wistron’s Rs 5,000 crore plan to manufacture premium Apple devices locally. Currently, the Taiwan-based company makes cheaper iPhones in the country.Read more
Like all other things Apple boasts of and hypes up, iPhones cameras and their superior picture quality is one of them. But in this case, they have good reason to blow their own trumpet. In fact, the quality of the camera is so good, the debate is that the new generation models compete with beginner level DSLRs.Read more
Five months after the ‘Follow’ feature was introduced to Google Maps for Android users, iOS users across the globe can finally enjoy the update on their iPhones and iPads.Read more
Have you been reading all those memes about the rivalry between Spotify and Apple Music? But alas! You didn’t know which was the better music streaming service since you had no access to Spotify in India. But boy, oh, boy can we participate in the debate now.Read more
The battle of the brands continues as one giant tech takes on another in
It wasn’t too long ago (well, back in January actually) that Apple updated the numbers on their iOS 12 installation base. A month later, the leading tech company has shared a second update. With a 5% increase in the number of compatible devices running on the current generation iOS 12, the number has now jumped to 80%.Read more
Free trial subscriptions are great! Until the free trial period is over and then you start getting charged. Be it in-app or even apps such as Hulu or Apple Music, they all start charging once the free trial is over. There aint no free lunches in this world, people!
If you don’t want to continue with the subscriptions – because you don’t like it or you don’t think that the charges are reasonable, you should be able to cancel your subscriptions, right? How frustrating will it be if you don’t stop getting charged for something you don’t even want? Fret not! Here’s how you can cancel your subscription right on your iOS device.
You can manage your subscriptions in two ways:
1. Apple Website
- You can manage your subscriptions from here if you’re reading this article from your iOS device that’s logged in to the App Store with your Apple ID.
- Click on “Manage Your Subscriptions” link.
2. iOS Settings App
- Click on the Settings app
- Your name will appear on the menu at the top; click on your name
- Next, tap on the “iTunes & App Store.”
- On the pop-up screen, tap on “View Apple ID.” If you’re not signed in already, you’ll have to do so.
- Scroll to find “Subscriptions” and tap on that.
- From the list of subscriptions, find the one you wish to manage. (It is possible that you’re charged with a subscription but you can’t see it on your list of subscriptions. This is because it isn’t billed through Apple.)
- On the next screen, you’ll get the option to manage your subscriptions – you can cancel it or choose a different subscription offering based on the length of the subscription.
There you go! Now all the subscriptions are in your control. You can keep, pick, and choose which apps you want and which aren’t worth your money.
But the best thing to do is to set a reminder when you sign up for the trial period for any subscription. That way, you’ll be able to cancel the subscription before the trial period ends, if you decide you don’t want or need it.
So, folks, which apps will you be unsubscribing from today?
iPhone users, if you’ve been cursing your service provider for the slow Internet you’ve been getting, we’ve got some news for you. The truth is, your treasured old device could be the reason why you lose your patience, making you not unlike a gentleman or a lady with a potty-mouth.Read more