If you’ve ever tried to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone, you’ll know that you can’t. Yes, you read that right. You CANNOT delete multiple contacts from your iPhone!
Those who are a little tech savvy are able to get around the problem by logging into the iCloud account from a web browser. For some reason, Apple allows bulk deleting contacts on the iCloud website. However, it’s still a hassle.
But now there finally seems to be a way out!
The solution, however, requires you to download an app. It’s called Groups. And don’t worry, it’s totally FREE!!
So, here’s how you do it —
- Download and Launch the app on your iPhone.
- On the first launch, the app will ask for permission to access your Contacts. Grant the permission.
- On the next screen, select All Contacts.
- You’ll be shown a list of all your Contacts. Select the ones you want to get rid of.
- Now click on the Choose Action button at the top.
- There will be a pop-up menu. Choose Delete contacts.
- Click on Remove from my iPhone.
- Thank us!
We understand that downloading an app just to manage contacts is a bit tedious. But it still beats having to select and delete 40 contacts one by one. Moreover, the set up is only a one-time effort. Once you’ve installed the app, it’s a no-fuss business. So, go ahead, give it a try!
Screenshots courtesy of iMore.